A low budget made in China knife may be better than nothing. But they are not suitable for a make something better and professional. Quality is very important for a survival knife. The cheap knives will quickly fade. Their low-quality metal will break during the test.
So, how could they perform in the field? That’s why we will highlight a list of the best survival knife under 50$ through this article. A survival knife needs to be solid and durable enough to perform complex tasks.
You don’t need to spend a bunch of money on it. In this article, you will get some standard survival knives in a particular budget. A little reminder from us – Don’t forget to use a glove during doing wilderness.
If You Want a Quick List, Check Our Top 8 Suggestions Below
1. Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B High Carbon Steel Survival Knife
2. ALBATROSS Best 6-in-1 Survival Tactical Pocket Knife
3. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
4. Smith & Wesson Border Guard S.S. Folding Survival Knife
5. GERBER 31-000754 Bear Grylls Scout Knife, Serrated Edge
6. Uncle Henry 153UH Fixed Blade Knife for Outdoor Survival
7. SOG Baton Q2 Multitool EDC Knife
8. Ontario Knife Company 499 Air Force Survival Knife
- Best Survival Knife Under 50 Reviews of 2023
- 1. Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B 9in High Carbon S.S. Fixed Blade Knife for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival and EDC (Best Fixed Blade Knife under $50)
- 2. ALBATROSS Best 6-in-1 Survival Tactical Military Folding Pocket Knives with Multi-Function Emergency Tool (Best military Survival knife)
- 3. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Carbon Steel Blade, 4.1-Inch (Best fixed blade hunting knife under 50$)
- 4. Smith & Wesson Border Guard 10in High Carbon S.S. Folding Survival and EDC Knife (Best camp knife under $50)
- 5. GERBER 31-000754 Bear Grylls Scout Knife, Serrated Edge, Drop Point (Best full tang survival knife for under 50)
- 6. Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike Rat Tail Tang 9.25in S.S. Fixed Blade Knife for Outdoor Survival, Camping and Hunting (Best fixed blade knife for plate carrier)
- 7. SOG Multitool EDC Pen Light – Baton Q2 LED Flashlight with EDC Knife and Screwdriver Multi Tool (The best tactical fixed blade knife under 50)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Survival Knife Under 50 Reviews of 2023
1. Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B 9in High Carbon S.S. Fixed Blade Knife for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival and EDC (Best Fixed Blade Knife under $50)
Smith & Wesson HRT knife is the first survival knife on our list that gets the highest rating on Amazon. Under 50$, it is proved as the best survival knife. The features that this knife provides in the budget are impossible to find in any other brand’s knife. Undoubtedly, it is the best fixed blade knife under $50.
Smith & Wesson have focused on designing knives that can perform in all situations. It is such a survival tool that anyone from fresher to professional can count on it. The Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B Fixed Blade Knife has a 4.7″ black finished 7Cr17MoV high carbon steel blade that can handle any task.
Its TPE rubber wrapped handle comes with a black cord lanyard hole tied to your leg. This is a 9 inches long blade with 7.7 ounces of weight. This is a long and fixed blade. Our advice would be to buy this heavy-duty budget survival knife with a cover.
It’s great for cutting and shaking tasks as well as a perfect survival tool. Remember, it is a durable and robust knife as well as heavy also. For those who don’t like heavy knives, it may not be the right choice.
- Durable and sturdy survival knife.
- Long-fixed blade.
- Good edge high carbon steel blade.
- Secure and confident rubberized handle guard.
- Easy to access.
- Not a better deal for collectors based on price.
2. ALBATROSS Best 6-in-1 Survival Tactical Military Folding Pocket Knives with Multi-Function Emergency Tool (Best military Survival knife)
Here we are coming with a folding survival knife for the users searching for a tactical folding knife option. ALBATROSS Best 6-in-1 Survival Tactical Military Folding Pocket Knife is the best military survival knife with aluminum material. It is not a fixed blade. No knife could be a better choice than this tactical folding knife for military.
There aren’t many cheap knives on this list, majorly because the quality of the knife is basically steelwork and good steel is expensive, but this knife is the exception. Yet, it provides good quality steel with multiple functions inside one knife. It weighs only 5.5 ounces with a long 3.5″ black coated stainless steel sharp blade. If you want to know about the magic behind this lightweight, we prefer to check the aluminum part of this knife.
ALBATROSS 6-in-1 military knife remains 8.5″ long when opened. It remains only 5.5″ inch long with a 3.5″ blade when closed. That means it fits in your pocket with multiple items. By the way, if you have this knife, you don’t require much equipment for the survival mission.
LED light, Magnesium Fire Starter, Bottle Opener, Glass Breaker and seat belt cutter functions are included in this knife. Overall, you can do six different tasks with this single knife. The battery used LED light that supports you in night or survival missions in a dark area. It is an excellent tool for hunting, camping, adventure, hiking, and household use.
- Six different functions in a single knife.
- Durable Aluminum handle.
- High-quality coated stainless steel.
- Flashlight included.
- Perfect size.
- Tough to install the battery.
- Missing carbon steel blade.
3. Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Carbon Steel Blade, 4.1-Inch (Best fixed blade hunting knife under 50$)
Morakniv Companion Fixed blade is a good performer for your outdoor work. It is a pretty good knife, but before starting the main review, we would want to say the colour we don’t like about this knife. It comes with a military color that seems dull to us. We are not a fan of other colors it offers also.
Keeping the color aside, Morakniv Companion fixed blade outdoor knife is the best fixed blade hunting knife under 50$. It is not a Chinese product or not a USA product. The Morakniv Companion knife is made in Sweden and designed for durability. One of the main points of this knife is the affordable price point. It’s hard to find a durable knife like this one at this price range.
It is a fixed blade outdoor knife with a 4.1″ high carbon steel blade. Carbon steel blades are easy to re-sharpen and virtually rust-proof. I appreciate tights and textured handles while preparing wood carving or food. It includes a plastic sheath that clips to your belt easily. It would be great if it includes a serrated edge.
Now, it is time to disclose the handle. Moraknov Companion MG Handle has a pattern, high-friction grip that works well in every condition. The knife provides greater control, safety and performance while sitting comfortably. Handle does not include a buckle, but you don’t need to worry about losing your knife. The textured handle and plastic sheath secure the knife properly in place.
- High carbon steel blade.
- Easy to sharpen and clean.
- Great for wood carving or food.
- Excellent price
- Sheath gets bent after extensive use.
- Proper maintenance is required.
4. Smith & Wesson Border Guard 10in High Carbon S.S. Folding Survival and EDC Knife (Best camp knife under $50)
Finally, we have included a serrated edge blade of the Smith & Wesson knife. It includes our favorite serrated edge with folding capability. But it costs more than Smith & Wesson HRT knife, around 25 dollars only. This knife has a large 4.4″ blade of 7Cr17MoV black oxide high carbon stainless steel and an overall length of 10″.
It combines the large blade with a heavy glass breaker and solid steel liners, and this knife sits at about 9 ounces. We have used many S&W survival knives, but this folder is larger than others as they make their daily knives. The handle builds with two slabs of aluminum. It is textured for grip, and the black glossy finish feels good on the hands.
The knife should have weighed less because the handle is made of aluminum. But it was not possible because of the large size of the knife. A black steel liner locks inside holds the blade very securely. The knife builds a column that makes it easier to clean.
The pocket clip is convenient to access and comes with ambidextrous thumb knobs that make it an ideal tool for carrying. For less than 20$, you’ll get a functional folding knife with lots of bells and whistles. Those who love camping and hunting, for them, this tool is the best camp knife under $50. It gives confidence in every single cut during hunting.
- Long blade.
- Serrated carbon steel blade.
- Aluminum handle.
- Tip-up pocket clip with ambidextrous thumb knobs.
- Amazing price.
- Convenient to carry and access.
- Big and heavy.
- Small hands dislike it.
5. GERBER 31-000754 Bear Grylls Scout Knife, Serrated Edge, Drop Point (Best full tang survival knife for under 50)
Now, we have reached the fifth-best survival knife under 50 dollars on the list. It is from the Gerber brand. Garber is an American brand founded in 1939. Hunters, soldiers and traders widely carry Garber’s knives. Gerber Bear Grylls Scout knife is a scout knife of the Gerber Bear Grylls series. According to our research and test, this scout knife is the best full tang survival knife for under 50 dollars.
It contains all necessary features for all types of users. Hunting, camping, scouting and outdoor activities can be done confidently with it. The blade keeps the sharp edge properly and is designed with rope cutting in mind. It contains a 1/2 Serrated 3.63″ high carbon stainless steel blade with a drop point. The blade is extremely strong.
The knife length is only 4.0″ while folded or closed. It is not very big in size, only 7.3″. Small to big hands can manage it, making zero mess. The handle is made with plastic, but it is covered with something rubberized that provides the best grip during every operation. The blade is often fold into it and locks in the right place.
Because of the excellent grip of the handle, you can complete every operation safely, whatever it is a small or big game. The sheath used here is nylon made, and it provides military-grade durability. With the carbon steel serrated blade, texturized handle with a nylon sheath and easy handling, it can be considered the best survival knife for scouts.
- Super lightweight, long knife.
- Dual serration.
- Nice grippy secure handle.
- Carbon steel blade.
- Military-grade nylon sheath.
- Hard to open using one hand.
6. Uncle Henry 153UH Golden Spike Rat Tail Tang 9.25in S.S. Fixed Blade Knife for Outdoor Survival, Camping and Hunting (Best fixed blade knife for plate carrier)
Anyone who grew the early 70s or 80s, Uncle Henry 153UH was their fast choice. What we love most about this knife is its traditional approach. It is an upswept blade. It is made out of 440c stainless steel. The blade is very sharp outside the box and has a small plain edge at the top point for more precise cutting when skinning or deboning.
Overall, Uncle Henry 153UH is a 9.25″ long fixed blade. It contains a gorgeous grippy handle. They named it staglon handle. The color is very impressive look like a dark flame or tiger’s border. The handle comes with an old-schooled nostalgic brash finger guard and also a brass plate at the end of the handle.
The handle feels really well. So, it can be the best fixed blade knife for plate carrier. It makes your every initial cut very easy and accurate if you know gutting out the deer. It can perform great skinning jobs, and it just came here pop and razor-sharp.
This survival knife comes with a leather sheath and a sharpening stone. So, you get a sharpening stone leather sheath that helps to sharpen the blade in any situation. This knife is a pretty damn good deal for about 27 bucks only.
- 440C high carbon steel.
- Razor-sharp blade.
- Leather sheath with a sharpening stone.
- Drop point.
- Affordable price.
- Super hollow handle.
- It can’t be used for trapping.
- Not much compact.
7. SOG Multitool EDC Pen Light – Baton Q2 LED Flashlight with EDC Knife and Screwdriver Multi Tool (The best tactical fixed blade knife under 50)
SOG Baton series is known as a multi-tool knife series. SOG Baton Q2 Multitool EDC knife is one of the best multitool knives under 50$ of the baton series. The SOG Baton Q2 Multi-Tool packs just a few tools in its toolkit compared to the traditional Swiss Army Knife, but the tools it carries are pretty handy.
Each tool fills a different use scenario and complements at least two other tools in a family of four. The knife provides four tools, and each of the four is designed for a different purpose and user. The SOG Baton Q2 Multi-Tool EDC knife comes with a nice slim, stylish look. It looks like almost a penlight.
It includes a 70-lumen water-resistant tactical flashlight in the end. It’s got an excellent thread and O’ring. So, there is no chance of auto-activation inside your pocket. In addition, it attaches three more tools such as LED inspection penlight, EDC utility tool includes a pocket knife, slotted screwdriver and bottle opener. It is the best tactical fixed blade knife under 50 with the multi-tool feature.
The 5Cr15MoV stainless blade is razor-sharp, and its length is around three and a quarter inches probably. The length of the full knife is 6.3″, and it’s got an aluminum body. This aluminun-handled tool weighs only 3 oz. It is a well-balanced survival knife with a multitasking feature.
- Well-made design.
- Four practical tools
- Aluminum handle.
- The flashlight is not enough for big tasks.
The Ontario 499 Air Force Survival knife is a great survival knife designed according to American government specifications. It is a knife used during various operations conducted by the American military.
This fixed blade knife’s overall length is 9.5″. The 5″ long blade is made out of 1095 carbon steel blade, which is 0. 1875 thick. The blade also offers a serrated top edge that can perform like a mini saw.
The natural leather handle is good but not so impressive. It offers an untreated leather handle that has a chance to dry and crack. But the hope is that we did not find any such error during use.
Moreover, it is the best fixed blade knife for self defense. It is a military convenient survival knife. So, you may expect too much from it. But you can’t expect a Ferrari’s performance when you’re driving a Prius.
- Super Sharp blade.
- Carbon steel blade.
- US Army and Airforce survival knife.
- Serrated top edge.
- Boosted performance.
- Good quality sheath.
- Made in the USA.
- Blade dulls quickly.
- The handle may crack without proper maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are survival knife brands?
Ans. Kershaw, Ontario, Ka-Bar, Gerber, Condor, Morakniv, S & W, ALBATROS are popular survival knife brands.
Q: What is the best knife for survival?
Ans. The above collection of 8 knives is the best knife for survival under 50$.
Q: What is the best size blade for a survival knife?
Ans. It’s best to go with a blade that’s at least 4 inches long. Try to avoid 3.5” or smaller blade. Smaller blades are hard to use for big games. Large and medium tasks can be done easily with a 4” sized sharp blade.
Here is a quick and short survival knife suggestion from you. S &W HRT9B is the best fixed blade survival knife. We choose S & W Border Guard as a best option for folding survival knife for convenient pocket use. For multi-function lovers, no knife can be better than SOG Baton Q2 .
This list covers all the best survival knives under 50$. We may miss a particular knife or if you don’t get your desire knife, then visit our blog all about knife. We have discussed plenty of heavy-duty knives here.
Most Popular Posts: