In the past, people made knives with their hands and worked very hard to make a knife and sharpen it properly. But, now we do not have enough time to spend 1 or 2 weeks making a knife. Are you? If not, you need to consider the best belt sander for knife making to reduce the time cost and make the knife professionally.
While any belt grinder technology may be a good option for making a knife but you need a specific one. To keep in mind the specific one, I selected for you 7 best products. They are awesome, good, faster, and versatile for different users. So, let’s discuss in detail the products.
If You Want a Quick List, Check Our Top 6 Suggestions Below
It would be the best option for a customer to choose the best and leading Sander without spending much time and research. Well, I feel your time value, and that’s why I made this quick list for you. So, let’s check out the following list of the sanders and get you desired one.
- WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander for Knife Making
- RIKON 50-151 Belt with 5″ Disc Sander for Knife Making
- Bucktool BG2600 Combo 2″ x 42″ Belt Sander Bench Grinder
- EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS Mini 78SAND 1 x 30 Belt Sander
- Rockwell RK7866 Belt/Disc Combo Sander, Horizontal & Vertical
- Palmgren 81061 2″ x 42″ Belt 6″ Disc Machine for Knife Making
- ET J-41002 577004 2″x42″ Bench Belt and Disc Sander
- Best Belt Sander for Knife Making Reviews of 2023
- 1. WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander with 5 in. Sanding Disc
- 2. RIKON Power Tools 50-151 Belt with 5″ Disc Sander, 1″ x 30″, Blue
- 3. Bucktool BG2600 Combo 2″ x 42″ Belt Sander 6″ Bench Grinder, Knife Sharpener with Large Work Table
- 4. EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS Mini 78SAND 1 x 30 Belt Sander 3400 RPM
- 5. Rockwell RK7866 Belt/Disc Combo Sander, Horizontal and Vertical Sander
- 6. Palmgren 81061 2″ x 42″ Belt, 6″ Disc Bench Finishing Machine
- 7. JET 577004 J-41002 2″x42″ Bench Belt and Disc Sander
- How to Choose the Best Belt Grinder for Knife Making?
- Frequently Ask Questions
- So, What Should You Buy?
Best Belt Sander for Knife Making Reviews of 2023
1. WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander with 5 in. Sanding Disc
The first machine on my list of this is WEN 6515T belt sander. I assumed that this knife-making Sander it easier for you to work and also operate the machine safely. It comes with a 2-in-1 sanding machine which is included both a 1-by-30-inch belt and a 5-inch disc.
This best sanding belt for knife making is much better for beginners, intermediate, and professionals. Featured with a 2.3A motor provides up to 3160 FPM for the belt and 3450 RPM for the disc, which helps customers get high power from this product.
It is good at knife making, and you can use this product to sharpen any kind of material. Don’t worry; the installation method is also easy. You never need to purchase any tools or accessories or hire an expert to install this product.
- Most of the customers love this product because of its 2.3A powerful motor and the perfect belt size. These two things help them to make knives professionally so fast.
- Most of the customers dislike this product because they complain that the product doesn’t come with variable speed, which affects their work.
2. RIKON Power Tools 50-151 Belt with 5″ Disc Sander, 1″ x 30″, Blue
If you are looking for the best 1×30 belt sander for knife making that provides the customers high power and clean energy, you may think about this RIKON Power tool. However, let’s discuss in detail this Sander detailed to clear the confusion.
Moreover, the manufacturer used this product ½ HP (Horse Power) motor that produces high power. So, you can make your small, medium, and large size knife. It is also the perfect option for making axe and other sharping components without any hassles.
Furthermore, this type of knife helps you a lot to easily install the disc. You can install a 5″ disc to get the best performance. RIKON is one of the best grinders for beginners because they hassle-free handle and safely operate all of the functions.
- The users think that this Sander is a great option for a beginner person because of its easy operation and fast working performance.
- Some of the customers also complain that the product produces much annoying noise, which is tricky enough to work in the space.
3. Bucktool BG2600 Combo 2″ x 42″ Belt Sander 6″ Bench Grinder, Knife Sharpener with Large Work Table
Next to the shop, Bucktool Combo 2″ x 42″ belt sander bench grinder is an awesome choice for the person who wants to professionally make the knives. It is one of the best cheap belt sander for knife making. Though it is a cheap product, you will get a high-quality configuration.
What next? This unit was featured with a 1/3HP motor, 3.5 Amp power, the no-load wheel speed is 3450 RPM, and a belt speed of 4480 FPM that is truly much better for any kind of person. Note, the safety features are not clear to me to describe.
Finally, you will discover multi-angle sanding, which helps you a lot to make the knife and other components. Equipped with a 6-Inch 60 grit that helps the customers tool-free adjustable facility. There are plenty of advantages you will discover from this Sander.
- The majority of customers strongly believe that it is a high power motor sander which provides so fast and powerful working experience.
- The minority of the customers think that it is not a good option for a beginner person because of its high power and touch to control.
4. EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS Mini 78SAND 1 x 30 Belt Sander 3400 RPM
Are you looking for a simple, lightweight, and inexpensive belt sander with 1 x 30 size? Of course, you can keep this product on your selecting list. This best knife grinder for beginners is much better to make the knives safely because of its high configuration but small sizes.
On the other hand, the Belt sander is also a good option for making axe, metal sharpens, or stainless steel sharpens without any hassles. You may also need to spend much little time installing it because of its clear installation guide and included accessories.
However, the Belt sander provides you 3400 RPM power for hassle-free make knives. The manufacturer told me that the motor also comes with powerful functions to get high power. Overall, you will discover a lasting performance from this Belt Sander.
- Most of the customers are happy to use this product because it takes very little space to install but still provides the customers high-performance.
- Some of the customers also complain that it is very small to make large-size knives and other large-size components.
5. Rockwell RK7866 Belt/Disc Combo Sander, Horizontal and Vertical Sander
This Rockwell disc or belt combo sander was designed in a way that you can portable it. The measurement of this tool is 13 x 11 x 22 inches that provide you narrow, small, and compact design. Are you feeling interested in this unit? If yes, let’s discuss this in detail.
The spacious 4″ x 36″ belt platform raises or lowers from 0-90° to accommodate almost any project. You may be happy to hear that the product comes with a 4.3 high-power motor which is capable of producing more power than the above Sander.
According to my experience, it is one of the best budget belt sander for knife making. I will love to recommend this product if you have a tight budget. So, what do you want else from this Sander? I hope that you love this product.
- The product helps the customers easily cord, and they found the corded high-quality to use. They also love its small design but powerful constructions.
- So many customers think that it is only a great option for small projects, and it is not a good option for multiple projects at the same time.
6. Palmgren 81061 2″ x 42″ Belt, 6″ Disc Bench Finishing Machine
If you are looking for the best beginner belt sander for knife making, which is expensive but provides you with high-quality service, you may need it all. The product is manufactured with a 2″ x 42″ belt size, which is much better for beginners.
Whatever it comes with 1/3 HP, 120/240VAC motor, 3.5/1.75 amp, 3500 RPM power which is truly much better for fast working. On the other hand, you can use this machine for your personal, business, and professional uses.
You may be happy to hear that the knife maker comes with a less noisy facility. You never need to worry about the extreme noise from this product. I think the Sander or grinder helps you a lot to make your knife professionally without spending much time.
- The customers love this component because of its high power motor and less noisy option. They think that the product comes with a very less noise option.
- Though the customers like this product a lot, they think that it is expensive than another sander machine.
7. JET 577004 J-41002 2″x42″ Bench Belt and Disc Sander
Let’s welcome this final ET J-41002 577004 belt disc sander. With this knife maker, you can easily use this product at a 45-degrees angle for both left and the right size. But, you should also keep in mind that the product does not come with a variable speed option.
However, the product is capable of producing 3450 RPM power which helps you a lot to get the best option for fast works. The motor is also powerful, and of course, it produces less noise than the above sander machines.
Overall, you will get 3-in-1 facilities like a jigsaw, coping saw, or hand file while removing material and finishing. The product also comes with all of the accessories to install. So, what do you want else from this belt sander? I hope that you may love this unit a lot.
- The users are highly satisfied to use its three-in-one service. They think that the Sander comes with versatile uses and perfectly operates 45-degrees for both left and right sides.
- Some of the customers complain that it is too expensive to afford. They demand that the price should be reduced.
How to Choose the Best Belt Grinder for Knife Making?
There are plenty of beginners, intermediate, and professional belt sanders you may find on the market, but all are not good enough. To help you sort through the features to help you understand more features. However, let’s check out the following features to get the best one.
There are different types of belt sizes you may discover with a sander. So many people use a 4-inch belt or 5-inch because of good practice. However, you can also choose 1″ x 30″, 2″ x 42″, 1″ x 42″, or 2″ x 48″ size to get the best performance from a sander.
If you want to make a knife or axe, that means you need to cut hard materials like stainless steel, metal, rugged, and others. So, you should consider a sander which comes with a 1 or higher HP (Horse Power) motor to get a faster working experience.
Quick & Easy Belt Change
According to my experience, some of the Sander comes with hassle functions to change the Sander and need to use extra tools. So, you should consider a sander or grinder, which is featured with hassle-free change the belt without using any extra tools.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: What size belt sander is best for making knives?
Answer: If you are a professional person, you can choose a 2″ x 72″ size belt for your projects. On the other hand, when you are a beginner person, you can consider a 2″ x 42″ knife belt without thinking anymore.
Q: Can I make a knife with a belt sander?
Answer: The official answer is yes, you can make a knife with a belt sander without creating any problems. A belt sander is designed so that a knife maker can easily make the knife. You can also sharpen the knife to use a belt sander.
Q: What sanding belts do they use on forged in fire?
Answer: Using the sanding belts depend on customer skill. You may choose a 2″ x 27″ knife belt if you are a professional knifemaker. On the other hand, a beginner person also uses a 2″ x 42″ belt and some other sizes.
Q: Which belt sander is best?
Answer: According to my experience, the above 7 belt sanders are much better for making knives, axe, and other elements. But, I specifically recommend you to consider WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander for Knife Making provides you with a fast knife-making experience.
Q: What kind of grinder do you need for knife making?
Answer: It depends on your skill and knives type. Suppose you are a beginner person and want to spend much time making a knife; you can go for a 2″ x 42″ belt and up to 1 HP motor to get high power.
So, What Should You Buy?
Now, you have a proper list of the best belt sander for knife making to consider the best one. No doubt, the knife is enough for making a knife and also making any sharpen things. Are you still unsatisfied with choosing the best one for you?
If yes, why not you focus on this WEN 6515T 1 in. x 30 in. Belt Sander for Knife Making. This belt sander is the perfect option for beginners, intermediate, and professionals. So, what do you want else? Buy this best belt sander in 2023 right now.