No doubt, knives are the best blessing in our day-to-day life. But, you should also need to care for the knives regularly; otherwise, the blade will dull and lose the sharpness. So, what can you do to make your knife good enough every day of your life? Well, you need to consider the best files for knife making.
This article will discover a complete list of files that allows you to get the best files for your knife making. So, are you ready to get the best one for you with your won budget? If yes, you can check out the following sections.
If You Want a Quick List, Check Our Top 6 Suggestions Below
It is true that people always wanted to consider the best product which a shortlist helps them a lot. This section also provides you with a common idea about the products review so that you can consider the best one.
- Crescent Nicholson Carded – 06706N 8″ Rectangular File for Knife Making
- Corona FE405506BC0CD Mill Bastard Cut File for Knife Making
- Kalim BB-0011 10Pcs Needle File Set Hardened Alloy Strength Steel Files
- JinFeng JF80736G Needle File Set (6 Piece HIGH Carbon Steel Precision)
- KALIM MCSF-F-6 Flat Medium Cut File, High Carbon Steel Hand File
- SE 744DF-R 10-Piece Diamond Needle File Set with 150 Grit
- Best Files for Knife Making Reviews of 2023
- 1. Crescent Nicholson 06706N 8″ Rectangular Double/Single Cut Axe File – Carded
- 2. Corona FE405506BC0CD Mill Bastard Cut File Carded, 6-Inch
- 3. Kalim BB-0011 10Pcs Needle File Set Hardened Alloy Strength Steel Files- Mini Needle File Set
- 4. JinFeng JF80736G Needle File Set (6 Piece HIGH Carbon Steel Precision) Hand Metal Tools
- 5. KALIM MCSF-F-6 Flat Medium Cut File, Double Cut Teeth 6″ Length, Made of High Carbon Steel, Hand File
- 6. SE 744DF-R 10-Piece Diamond Needle File Set with 150 Grit
- What Files Do I Need for Knife Making?
- Frequently Ask Questions
- So, What Should I Buy?
Best Files for Knife Making Reviews of 2023
1. Crescent Nicholson 06706N 8″ Rectangular Double/Single Cut Axe File – Carded
This is my top pick for you and, of course, my first selection. It is an American pattern axe sharpening file with double-cut and single-cut sides. The product is also good for knives, Shears, and various garden tools, and user-friendly items.
This best files for knife sharpening is made of hard carbon steel that is lasting and strong enough. The manufacturer helps you work in a wide range of areas with this product and allows you to finish the projects as fast as possible and save time.
Featured with 0.25-inch thickness and weighs a comfortable 6.4 ounces to be highly portable for hiking, traveling fishing, or hunting. Undoubtedly, it is a safe product because of its edge to work easily in restricted confines without damage.
- The customers love this component, hard carbon steel construction, and two safety edges which satisfied them to work in a wide range of their projects.
- Some of the customers are highly unsatisfied with using this product steel because the product is only made for metal and stainless steel.
2. Corona FE405506BC0CD Mill Bastard Cut File Carded, 6-Inch
It was featured with a 6-inch hardened carbon steel file, an awesome option for versatile areas. It has a total length of 8.25-inches that is splendid for any knife size. The manufacturer designed this component as the metal used only. So, it would help if you did not go for other materials.
This knife making file set is also a good option for multiple tools like axes, shears, blades, and others. Moreover, it is best to use for polishing and deburring with a single cut surface. I don’t recommend this knife file for using a double-cut surface.
You may be happy to hear that this product comes with a lifetime warranty and support. If you find a single problem from this file, you can easily contact the manufacturer. So, what do you want else from this Corona FE405506BC0CD file? I think it is one of the best options for you.
- The users are highly impressed and like this product because of its 6-inch high carbon steel, which helps them to work any kind of metal knife, axe, and others.
- A number of customers dislike this product because it is only designed for metal, and truly, it works very slowly with other materials for knives or axes.
3. Kalim BB-0011 10Pcs Needle File Set Hardened Alloy Strength Steel Files- Mini Needle File Set
KALIM 10Pcs Needle File Set is my next option for you. If you feel bored only seeing the metal file for your knife or axe, this option may remove your boredom and provide you peace of mind. So, let’s discuss in detail this file set.
The manufacturer provides 10Pcs of the file, and each of the files is different. On the other hand, you can use these files with any kind of materials without facing any problems. For example, you can use the files for axes, garden tools, knives, shears, and others.
Finally, it is made of hardened steel that provides lifetime performance. The measurement of this files combos is 5.5″ (140 mm); Handle diameter: 3 mm that is a perfect option for hassle-free work and portable any kind of space.
- All of the customers think that these 10Pcs files are a good option for any kind of knife and materials. They also use the files or other areas without finding any problems.
- It doesn’t come with safety features which disappointed the customers. They think that they need to provide extra attention to use the files.
4. JinFeng JF80736G Needle File Set (6 Piece HIGH Carbon Steel Precision) Hand Metal Tools
If you are looking for the best metal files for knife making, you can check out this product. It comes with 6-pieces of high carbon steel alloy construction, which is a good option for metal knives, axes, or garden tools. There are plenty of advantages you will discover from this file set.
Measure with a 6-inch total length and 4-inch shake that helps you use this product without any sharp problems. It is not only a good option for tools, but also you can use these files for jewelry along with ceramic, wood, and glass items.
For your kind information, these 6 files set is not a good option for extremely hard materials. You can easily use this product single and double-cut. According to my experience, this knife set is portable and lightweight to use.
- The customers found this file sets comfortable because of their rubber handle. Besides the comfort, the customers also believe that it is a portable product and easy to use in the metal section.
- Though the customers love this product, they think it is so small for medium and large knives, axes, or other materials.
5. KALIM MCSF-F-6 Flat Medium Cut File, Double Cut Teeth 6″ Length, Made of High Carbon Steel, Hand File
Thinking of purchasing a new file for your knife, which comes with a metal construction edge or blade? If yes, hold a minute and read this review. However, this KALIM flat medium 6-inch cut file comes with aluminum and copper with high carbon to get the users’ experience.
The total length of this component is the 7.5-inch, and the maximum width of the file is 0.63″ (1.6 cm), which is enough for small, medium, and large size materials. On the other hand, this file is highly portable because of its compact and lightweight shape.
Note that the product is good at shaping and finishing metal, wood, plastic, and more. So, you can widely use this product for these categories. But, I don’t recommend this KALIM flat file for aluminum uses because it takes much time to sharpen.
- Most of the customers love this product because of its versatile materials uses. They also believe that it is workable for any kind of temperature.
- Some of the customers found it rusted, which is truly bad enough for them. Despite this problem, they satisfy with using this product.
6. SE 744DF-R 10-Piece Diamond Needle File Set with 150 Grit
This is my final pick for you. SE 10Pcs 744DF-R diamond Needle file set made of 150 Grid which is truly much better for multiple materials sharpness. However, today I am going to break down A to Z of this file set so that you can get a clear view.
It comes with a barette file, knife file, crossing file, equaling file, warding file, three square files, half-round, tapered round, and a round file. On the other hand, the product comes with maximum comfort opportunity because of its comfortable handle.
I hope that you love the best steel files for knife making. So, if you think that you need to choose a file that is a good option for metal and some other materials, you can check out this product. So, what do you want else from this unit? Buy this best file in 2023 without thinking anymore.
- The customers love to use this unit because of its lightweight and portable facilities. They also think that a file set is a good option for multiple materials.
- Unlike the above files, the customers think it is unsafe to use. They need to provide more attention to use this file carefully.
What Files Do I Need for Knife Making?
Are you confused about collecting the best files for blacksmithing or making the knife? Then I would love to recommend you to check out the above products list. Each of the flies comes with the best materials and a long-time warranty.
Suppose you think that the above 6 files are causing confusion to you, and it is also tricky enough to understand which one is an actually good option for you. In that case, you can check this Crescent Nicholson Carded – 06706N 8″ Rectangular File for Knife Making to get the best performance.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Who makes good files?
A: There are plenty of brands you may discover on the market which made good files from a couple of years. But, it may create confusion for you to collect the best one from a couple of brands. That’s why I selected only 6 files for you, which I discuss in the above section.
Q: What files are best for knife making?
A: To choose the best files for knife making, you need to check out the file’s materials, length, weight, and some other things. You can choose steel alloy, high carbon steel, aluminum, and other materials to make the best knife without any hassles.
Q: Can I make a good knife out of a file?
A: The official answer is yes, you can make a good knife out of a file. Only the best file helps you a lot to make a good knife. To choose a good file, you can check out the above files list and get anyone without any problems.
Q: What is the best scrap steel for knife making?
A: You may know that different types of steel materials have on the market. But, the three scrap steels are good enough for making a knife; they are Tool Steel. Carbon Steel. Stainless Steel. So, you can choose any of them for making a knife.
Q: What are the best quality metal files?
A: When the metal files come with high carbon, that means the metal files are good enough. On the other hand, the files type also depends on the file working method. If you think that your material is metal, then you can choose a high carbon file without thinking anymore.
So, What Should I Buy?
Before buying any kind of files, you need to know the files are good enough for you or not. If you want to choose the best files for knife making, you need to do proper research, which I already have done for you.
So, what do you want else? If you ask me my choice, I would love to suggest you consider this Crescent Nicholson Carded – 06706N 8″ Rectangular File for Knife Making. Why? Because it provides all-rounder performance and a lifetime user experience.