Are you looking for the best knife to cut sweet potatoes which provides you overall best performance? If yes, then you are coming to the right place. It is truly important to use the right knife for cutting like a professional chef to impress the customers or family members.
There are a couple of things you need to consider before buying the best knife on the market. Which things do you need to consider? To keep in mind major things, I am writing this article for you, including user experience, customer reviews, ratings, and lots of things. So, keep reading and consider the best one.
If You Want a Quick List, Check Our Top 6 Suggestions Below
This quick list of the products was coming from an expert’s mind. So, you will get the best one from this list of knives. Whatever, let’s break down each of the products and get the best one for you.
- Wusthof Classic 8 Inch Cook’s Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes
- Generic Crinkle Potato Cutter – Knife for Cutting Sweet Potatoes
- Bravedge Chef Knife 8 Inch Kitchen Knife for Versatile Uses
- Orblue 8-Inch Professional Chef German Knife for Cutting
- Abtong Crinkle Potatoes & Vegetable Cutting & Chopper Knife
- Enso Chef’s HD Series Japanese Stainless Steel Cutting Knife
- Best Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes Reviews of 2023
- 1. Wusthof 1040100120 Classic Cook’s Knife, 8-Inch, Black
- 2. Generic Crinkle Potato Cutter – 2.9″ x 11.8″ Stainless Steel French Fries Slicer Handheld Chipper Chopper Potato Chopping Knife
- 3. Bravedge Chef Knife, 8 Inch Kitchen Knife with Sheath, High Carbon Stainless Steel Ultra Sharp Cooking Knife
- 4. Orblue Chef Knife, 8-Inch High Carbon German Stainless Steel Kitchen Chef’s Knife for Cutting, Chopping, Dicing, Slicing & Mincing
- 5. Abtong Crinkle Cut knife Stainless Steel Crinkle Cutting tool Fruit And Vegetable Wavy Chopper Knife Wave Slicer Steel Blade
- 6. Enso Chef’s Knife – Made in Japan – HD Series – VG10 Hammered Damascus Stainless Steel Gyuto
- How to Cut Sweet Potatoes?
- What Kind of Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes?
- Frequently Ask Questions
Best Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes Reviews of 2023
1. Wusthof 1040100120 Classic Cook’s Knife, 8-Inch, Black
Featured with 8-inch stainless steel, which made this knife the best option for cutting potatoes, foods, soft vegetables, chicken, and other elements. On the other hand, the stainless steel construction and solid handlebar made this unit comfortable and lasting to use.
Well, the measurement of this component is 1.1 x 7.5 x 4.3 inches that are a compact and perfect design for cutting multiple products. It is also a lightweight knife that helps you easily carry the knife from one kitchen to another.
No doubt, it is such a sharpening knife. But, if you think that the blade is not much sharpened after using this knife couple of years, then you can easily sharpen the knife from any local shop or yourself. I hope that this knife may be a good option for you.
- The customers like this product because of its extremely sharp and cutting different elements besides the potatoes.
- Some of the customers dislike this product because of its high price but don’t come with any safety cover or cover box.
2. Generic Crinkle Potato Cutter – 2.9″ x 11.8″ Stainless Steel French Fries Slicer Handheld Chipper Chopper Potato Chopping Knife
Let’s welcome this Crinkle Potato cutter knife, which is awesome for beginners, intermediate, or professionals. It looks totally different from other knives to impress the customers to cut down different elements without any frustration.
Moreover, the product comes with a large stainless steel blade that is so sharp and provides the customers lasting performance. The handlebar also provides you maximum comfort because of its soft and perfect design.
Furthermore, you can also say this knife is the best knife to cut raw sweet potatoes because it cuts the potatoes in perfect slice or shape whatever you need. Overall, you will get the best performance from this awesome potato cutting knife.
- The majority of customers or chef love this product because they slice the potato in perfect shape which inspires to cut down the potato with this knife comfortably.
- The minority of customers wash this knife with a dishwasher, and it becomes rusty, affecting their work and losing the money that already told the product description.
3. Bravedge Chef Knife, 8 Inch Kitchen Knife with Sheath, High Carbon Stainless Steel Ultra Sharp Cooking Knife
Unlike the Crinkle Potato cutting knife, this knife is safe from a dishwasher, protecting this knife from rusty, stain, and damages. It is an 8-inch kitchen knife that is truly perfect for cutting potatoes, vegetables, chicken, meat, and other elements.
This knife is featured with stainless steel material which provides the customers a lasting performance with extreme sharpness. Don’t worry; its ergonomic handlebar also provides you maximum comfort, which helps you to hold a couple of hours without any problems.
On the other hand, the knife is safe and protects your family members. However, you will discover a box that is strong enough and protective. So, you can safely keep your knife inside of the box so that you will safely use the knife.
- The customers love this knife in professional areas. They also believe that the knife is much better for a chef to operate and cut in professional ways.
- No doubt, the users think that it is a good knife, but some of the customers think it needs proper skill to operate the knife properly.
4. Orblue Chef Knife, 8-Inch High Carbon German Stainless Steel Kitchen Chef’s Knife for Cutting, Chopping, Dicing, Slicing & Mincing
Orblue is a popular and most trusted brand on the market which has provided the best knives for a couple of years. However, I selected this knife for you because I found multiple quality features from this knife. So, let’s discuss in detail about this knife.
First of all, this knife is made of high-quality stainless steel in the blade, and the handlebar uses wood and stainless steel. These two materials made this unit durable and comfortable to use. So, you can easily operate this knife for a long-time.
Finally, this professional knife is perfect for chopping, slicing, and cutting vegetables, chicken, meat, and other elements. You can use this knife for your home or outdoor home without any problems. So, what do you want else from this knife?
- This knife comes with a high-quality blade and handlebar and proper design, which helps the chef cut down the elements professionally.
- Though the customers love this knife, some of the customers think that the knife is not much better to cut hard things such as bone or hard vegetables.
5. Abtong Crinkle Cut knife Stainless Steel Crinkle Cutting tool Fruit And Vegetable Wavy Chopper Knife Wave Slicer Steel Blade
This is another crinkle knife that is versatile, lightweight, and stylish. The whole knife comes with stainless steel material which made this unit awesome and durable. You may notice that the knife has a hanging element on the top of the handlebar.
According to user experience, this knife is the perfect option for chopping and slicing potatoes, vegetables, and other elements. So, you can easily afford this knife in your kitchen to use multiple areas without any broken issues.
Whatever the product is user-friendly, that means the users don’t need to create any extra pressure to use this knife. If you want to get the best performance from a knife that helps you to operate as a professional chef, then you can check out this awesome knife.
- Most customers love this knife because it is easily portable, hanging, chopping, and slicing, which added extra value to their kitchen.
- Some customers were disappointed to use this knife because they thought it was not a perfect option for using multiple areas.
6. Enso Chef’s Knife – Made in Japan – HD Series – VG10 Hammered Damascus Stainless Steel Gyuto
Enso is my final knife for you, which can cut potatoes, vegetables, chicken, meat, and other elements. On the other hand, the knife is very stylish to look which you can also gift your friends or relatives to happy them.
If you are looking for the best knife to cut sweet potatoes, a santoku knife, or a Japanese knife, then you can check out this knife without any hassles. You may not discover any safety problems from this knife because of its strongbox, which helps you to keep the knife safely.
Finally, the manufacturer of this unit used stainless steel material so that the customers use the knife lifetime without creating any problems. Like the above knives, this unit also used a soft and strong handlebar for hassle-free use this knife.
- This knife satisfied the customers because of its solid construction, high performance, lifetime support, and couples benefits, which are truly much better.
- Some of the customers think that the knife is not perfect when comparing the price with features. They think that the knife is expensive enough, which should be reduced.
How to Cut Sweet Potatoes?
If you want to cut sweet potatoes in your kitchen like a professional chef, then you need to collect some tools and maintain some steps, which I describe in the following section. So, let’s start to cut sweet potatoes.
Equipment Need to Collect
- A perfect knife (I used Wusthof Classic 8 Inch Cook’s Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes)
- A clean hardboard
If you already have this tool, then you can jump the following steps.
Step 1: Wash Potatoes
First of all, you need to wash the potatoes in a proper way so that you can cut the potatoes in the right size. Though you can wash the potatoes after cutting it would be better to before cutting the potatoes you need to wash properly because of soft the potatoes.
Step 2: Peel the Potatoes
Use your one hand to hold the potato and the hand peeler you need to hold with your other hand. Keep your finger on the potatoes (make sure your finger is out of your knife). After that, use your eye to mark and use the knife to cut down the potatoes easily.
What Kind of Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes?
There are couples of knives you will discover on the markets that can cut sweet potatoes without any problems. But, you can choose a crinkle knife, so sharp and comes with a super-thin blade to cut down the potatoes properly.
Whatever you can choose, Wusthof Classic 8 Inch Cook’s Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes to get a professional cutting experience. I hope that you have already cleared your confusion and got this supper knife to cut down the potatoes without any hassles.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: What is the best knife to cut sweet potatoes?
A: If you choose a professional chef knife to cut down sweet potatoes, you can choose a crinkle design knife or a perfect shape knife. However, you can check out this Wusthof Classic 8 Inch Cook’s Knife to Cut Sweet Potatoes to cut down the potatoes.
Q: How to cut sweet potatoes for yams?
A: You can cut down sweet potatoes for yams to use a proper or crinkle shape knife. It is easy to cut down the yams shape potatoes to use a perfect knife.
Q: Why are sweet potatoes so hard to cut?
A: I think sweet potatoes are easier to cut. You can wash properly of your potatoes so that it becomes softer. But, if you think that it is still hard enough, you can choose a knife designed for cutting the potatoes.
Q: How to soften sweet potatoes to cut?
A: You need to take a knife which is so sharpened and thin. After getting the knife, you should softly create the pressure on the soft sweet potatoes to cut with proper shape.
Q: How to cut sweet potato into cubes?
A: You can cut sweet potatoes into cubes following the below steps. They are:
- Peel your sweet potatoes in a peeler
- Take your knife for cutting potatoes
- Start to cut like a slice
- Try to maintain the shape or designs
A kitchen owner or chef needs to consider the best knife to cut sweet potatoes. If you need to consider a knife that helps you cut down the potatoes professionally, then you can check out the above knives without thinking anymore. If you are still confused about considering the best one, then you may let me know the following comment box.